Tuesday, March 10, 2009

nothing else -Archive

Archive, quite an impressive band. their trip-hop, rock altervnative mixed tunes are dark and yet intense. it becomes more attractive to me as an iranian, when i listen to their earlier works, which sees singer and archeologist Roya Arab as singer. her voice and lyrics are quite a complement to the music. this song is from the album Londinium:

my angel clipped wings i know
wonders in darkness on grimy ground
in a forest unclean unsound
everything everything's gone wild

make land for the cows to graze
leaflets scatter around to advertise sell out
a swamp in it hands stretched out
to catch a passing dime
donations to the rich widened
pavements for the poor
somewhere else to lie
but my friend the carriage door
stands slightly ajar
and i know clipped wings make uneasy flight
but we've got to reach

a place where the feast never ends
a moment when the music celebrates
and a time when darkness belongs
to night skies and nothing else

tomorrow my spirit seen
fears today my mind
soul aches so deep
always craves my body to reach

No comments: